4 Questions and Answers about Korean, From My Friends

 I live in Korea since when I was born. I traveled a lot, but of course the time I spent in Korea is overwhelming, and I found that my foreign friends have some stereotype of Koreans. It is interesting to me, so I will write about this today!



1. Most of Korean knows how to martial arts or Taekwondo?

 Maybe Half and half?! This is very old generation style stereotype. But, still, there are people who often ask about it. It seems to from a person who has been influenced by a martial arts movie. But this is the true, Korean loves Taekwondo and there are many children who learn to Taekwondo academy in their childhood. Many Korean mothers register their children to Taekwondo class in academy for the purpose of strengthening concentration and patience. But some parents prefer learning piano or ballet. I learn piano, ballet, calligraphy, flute and so on, instead of Taekwondo. In school, me and my some girl friends learned for a week during middle school lecture, but we can't remember how to.. Although I don't know how to, but I love watching Taekwondo and cheered for the Korean Team.



2. Koreans Eat Kimchi Everyday?

 Maybe Yes. Kimchi is never missed when introducing about Korean culture to foreign countries. However, Kimchi is not main dish but side dish, there are various types and taste varies depending on the region. So, some Koreans never eat it unless it is made in their own region. But nowadays, some people do not eat Kimchi. Korean people usually eat rice as their main food with Kimchi, then people living in the city or busy, they eat toast for simple breakfast nowadays, so they have no chance to eat Kimchi. But still alive! and I am one of those who rarely eat Kimchi. I l prefer Bread and soup. However, over 90% of people around me eat Kimchi everyday.



3. 'Hurry, hurry! (빨리 빨리! Ppalli Ppalli!) Culture: Korean people are always in a hurry?

 Yes, I'm really quick-tempered person, yes maybe. We hope to finish work quickly but accurately, and just rest well after. Some people around me, press the 'Close' button multiple times to get the door closed quickly in the elevator. And when we eat Korean barbecue, most of people turn it upside down at several times hoping the meat will cooked faster.



4. Many Koreans enjoy very spicy food?

 Red pepper powder and Kochujang are very important food ingredients for Korean people. However, like the recent videos on YouTube, Koreans do not always eat crazy spicy. Originally, traditional Korean food has been focused on a light, good for health, clean and neat. Then, over the past decade, many franchise restaurants in Korea have been showed more sharp-tasting foods. The ever-changing food culture is a natural phenomenon in every culture, younger people, including myself, maybe worried that their appetite for food is too exciting. So! In my case, I can eat spicy foods like '불닭볶음면', but I don't always like it. Sometimes I eat once when I feel stressful. Fire with Fire!



In fact, I have lot a questions, but I am not native English speaker, so there could be limit in my expressions. This is a little difficult to me, but this is English blog! So, I will answer some other quesitons next time!



Comments