Famous Restaurant in Busan, Korea, Unagi Rice Bowl 부산 장어덮밥


Finally! Today I will introduce to you my best favorite restaurant in Busan trip that I visited last week. I visit this restaurant every time when I go to Busan, so you can trust me about the taste! Just follow me.




When you saw this picture, I can imagine that you said, 'What is this?' or 'It looks really good!'. I found this restaurant on some blogs last year when preparing for a trip to Busan. The moment I saw the food picture, I vowed to eat it this restaurant. And actually, when I visit here and ate it, it was much better then I expected. So last week I went to Busan again to eat this UNAGI rice bowl, 장어덮밥 in Korean.

'Eel(Unagi) are divided into 'freshwater eel(Unagi)' and 'sea eel'. In Korea, freshwater eels are more expensive and popular than sea eels. Of course this restaurant also sells this freshwater eel.

Famous menu(food) in this restaurant is called 'JANG-O-DOP-BAP(장어덮밥)' and in Japanese, called 'ひつまぶし(Hitsumabushi), 히츠마부시'. This Unagi rice bowl is started from Nagoya, Japan. So when you taste this food, you can feel the culture of East Asia. You knows, rice is a staple food for most Asians, so Korans eat side dishes together with rice, sometimes putting food on rice and eating them in a bowl. So, Unagi rice bowl is putting on Unagi on the rice with sauce.






This restaurant has a 'large unagi rice bowl' and a 'half' menu, this half one is too small amount for and adult to eat, so I recommend you order large one. This picture below is the food that comes out when you order. Oh, I already eaten before take a photo :)

The reason this food is special is because it has 3 ways to enjoy eat.
1. Use a wooden spatula to divide the food in the wooden bowl into four equal parts, and just eat rice and Unagi. 
2. Put dried seaweed, wasabi, spring onion(welsh onion), and sesame leaf and mixed together and eat.
3. With method 2, eat with broth.

The best way to eat is number 3. I really like it and it's tasty!






*How to get here: This restaurant is not very far from Busan Station, just on the way to Haeundae beach or Gwuangan beach. In front of Busan station, take bus number 41 and take off at the stop 'KBS Broadcast Center (just say to driver, BUSAN KBS)' and walk 30 minutes, you can find this restaurant.

*Open: They open Tuesday to Sunday, Lunch (11:30 - 15:00, Last order 14:20), Break time (15:00 - 17:00), Dinner (17:00 - 21:00, Last order 20:30).





Actually, there was a famous bakery 'ok-mi-dang' around here, but it is currently closed. I think it's just temporary break so one day they will open again. It is worthy for visit here only this food. After eating, the plum tea, that Koreans eat is served as a service. I felt visit this restaurant again while writing this article!

Adress: 6, Gwangnam-ro, Suyeong-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea

Key words: Famous secret restaurant in Korea, Famous Busan restaurant, restoran-restoran terkenal di Korea, Beroemde restaurants in Korea, Berühmte Restaurants in Korea, ร้านอาหารที่มีชื่อเสียงในเกาหลี, Известные рестораны в Корее, 韓国で有名なレストラン, 著名的餐厅在韩国, Unagi Donburi Korea

Hope you enjoy here!

emmeline.shin@gmail.com



Comments

Popular Posts