*DESSERT* TARTINE BAKERY TARTES, RAINY DAY OF ITAEWON, SEOUL, KOREA


KEY WORDS: 梨泰院蛋挞, 梨泰院カフェ, 韓国旅行, タルト, Hàn Quốc du hành ký, Korea Reise, Корея поездка, การเดินทางเกาหลี

Do you like rainy days? When you visit Korea, or another place, you could feel a little bit down when it rains. Sometimes you would stay your hotel room rather than go out on a such a rainy day. But our precious time saying, staying inside is waste of time! So, let's supposing it rains, what shall we do?



TARTINE



I went to Itaewon on a rainy day. Above all, I did not feel well so I needed a sweet bakery thing. Even if it was not macaroon! As you know, on a rainy day, macaroons are difficult to make perfect. So, I choose the pie shop, TARTINE.







TARTINE

This place is close to Itaewon Station and is convenient to visit. The store is small, has tiny table, but if you look at the pies on display, the pace stops. Because of this small charm, women visit a lot to spend some time. There is a history here too, a man named Chef D. Garrett Edwards was traveling around the world. When he visit two months in Korea, 1996, decided to settle down because he fall in love with Korean culture. In April 2008, he opened TARTINE in Itaewon and has been working as a senior chef. Unfortunately I have never seen him. I have dreamed of working at a cafe, sometimes there was recruitment of part-time job, so I thinking about trying apply here, but it's too far from my home!






SO CUTE!!


I warmed up with hot chocolate and tarts, I went out into the streets with an umbrella. There are still little bit of rain, but it was very refreshing, different from usual noisy street. In fact, if you climb up (yes, climb!!! you heels will be painful, if you don't bring your sneakers) the Itaewon street and cross the hill, you will see a new hot spot in Seoul. We decided to go today, let's just enjoy this place.



RAINY DAY, ITAEWON


Itaewon is a popular place for foreigners in Korea. It is perhaps to most famous place where Western culture and Korean culture are mixed up. Recently, a lot of people dress up and party here to celebrate Halloween day of Korea. Young people dressed costume and make up themselves for Halloween and headed to the club. This party became a new culture between over the last decade. Sometimes I worrying that people enjoy this day than Korean other holiday, but it seems to be forgiven in Itaewon. You know, here is Itaewon !



THE OLD STAND


If it rains like today, I recommend you to go to such a pub and have a delicious meal that will make you feel better. In fact, TARTINE is not a very good bakery house for me, but sill, the location of here between the really narrow alleys makes me strangely visit. The price is a bit expensive compared to the taste, I feel like I should go home with a pie when I visit Itaewon in my mood.



BEER BAR



ALL THAT JAZZ


I have not visited yet, here is a jazz bar called ALL THAT JAZZ. I have practiced jazz piano for several years(not good), but now I do not continue, so  my interest has decreased. So I just took a photo of the signboard, but next time I will try to visit here! This place is really right in front of Itaewon Station, so it will be hard to miss it :) The gloomy day jazz is the perfect choice!




ALL THAT JAZZ


*Some Information
TARTINE ITAEWON LOCATION: 119-15 Itaewon, Yongsan -Gu, Seoul.
ALL THAT JAZZ ITAEWON LOCAITON:  3F 112-4 Itaewondong, Yongsangu, Seoul, Korea


If you have any questions, you can ask me :)

Comments