*SKYTEAM* KLM Royal Dutch Airlines in-flight meal (SEOUL TO AMSTERDAM)

From December 2016, I have been traveling some European cities and came back to South Korea. Yes, It was really wonderful experience, I have been inspired by winter in Europe. Today I want to talk about KLM's in-flight meal that I ate when I go to Amsterdam.


KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
They founded on 7 October, 1919, it's oldest airline still operating under its original name. They have been part of the Air France KLM group since the merger in 2004. They includes KLM Cityhopper, transavia.com and Martinair. This is the first time I have used KLM and my acquaintance worked as a cabin crew here. He said that he felt satisfaction as a workplace. Then, I will explain my experience.



First meal



IN-Flight Meal
Above all, the in-flight meal was excellent. Among many Korean passengers, there was a blog writings that KLM's meal was delicious, that was true. Because it was a flight to South Korea and Amsterdam, the meal was going to be somewhat adapted to the taste of the Korean people. For reference, this airline partnered with 'Samcheonggak', a traditional culture and arts complex, which is operated by Sejong Cultural Center in Korea since 2014, and launched an in-flight meal consisting of Korean food. My first meal was potatoes. Bread, cake, and butter were good, but only one thing was disappointing. I have allergies to shrimp, and the shrimp came out in the salad. Of course, there are two or three meals served in the Economy seat, but the shrimp was both included in the salads of my companions who chose other menus. There are some people who are allergic to shrimp and peanuts, and I was a bit wonder that all the salads had shrimp. But anyways the main meal was delicious.









The meal below is a roast meat bibimbap menu ordered by my husband. In general, it is the same as the raw material of bulgogi bibimbap that is eaten in Korea, and a red pepper paste(called Gochujang) is provided. I tried to eat it, tasted good, and it was not touched chilly that foreigners could eat it.




Bulgogi Bibimbop (recommend!)



When you have finished your meal, they offer cashew nuts. I was not digesting well during the flight, so I drank water instead of beer, but I thought cashew nuts would work well with Heineken. Below is a breakfast omelet served by the time I arrive in Amsterdam. Omelet, sausage, and potatoes are also very good food chemistry. Especially, bread is more delicious when it is eaten with Ottogi strawberry jam which is launched in Korea. The bread served at KLM was a little more flavorful than other airlines.




Breakfast meal



Seats
I do not want to mention KLM's seat, but I want to say this. Because everyone said it was too narrow. I have used a lot of other airlines in the meantime, so I can tolerate any inconvenience, but this plane was really narrow. I felt a little uncomfortable even though I am only 158kg tall and weighing 45kg, so others who were bigger physically would not have been able to fly for a long time. So they may recommend Economy Comfort seats to the economy comfort seats. By the way, just before I got on the plane, all Economy Comfort seats were reserved. I promised my self that if I next used KLM, I would use Economy comfort seats or business seats. But it is clear that KLM offers an attractive price to us, and it is an airline that I want to take them sometimes, because of the good taste of the meals. If your flight hour is not too long, I recommend SkyTeam, KLM.



Comments